Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default JERRY BUILT fence clone

Here's my copy of a Biesemyer Saw fence. I bought a s/h table saw 10inch contractors saw. A big step up from the Triton. Love the saw but the fence was a pain, have a good read in the forums here, thanks to MORRY and MICK C I have have made my own. Have a look at an original one at Catba-tec and borrowed all the ideas I wanted. I have put magnifiers on the tapes (I really need them) the fence slides on nylon bolts which are all adjustable, the fence is adjustable just like Morry's, the unit works atreat. Hardest job for me was making the cam for the cam lock, ended up buying a large nut and bolt from bunnies and grinding thr flats off and drilling off centre to become a cam, have enjoyed the project. I am having to start packing up as we are moving what a pain in the a**e but good news dedicated workshop at the new house.
    Cheers JerryJ

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Jerry, what a great looking fence, well done!

Great job, and with built in features that serve your personal needs!

Good build.
    Have a great woodworking day!
    John

Gotta hate moving,
    Cleaning my glasses will not make me look any better,
    But will make what I am looking at better.

Looks good Jerry, well done mate.

Something you could add to your fence to increase its versatility would be some "T" track at the top edge of the ply.
    Then you could attach hold downs and things like a high aux fence.

Nice one, Jerry.
    These fences just seem to keep getting better as more thought is applied to the development.
    Cheers
    Graeme

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. Its always easier to improve somebody elses design

Default More Information

Jerry could you tell me where you got the magnifiers and the nylon bolts, and do you have prints and/or parts list for you rip fence.

Thanks
    Dewy

That's unreal. I wish I was that clever.

Default Jerry Built fence

Jerry,

Greetings from Iowa, USA. What an amazing job of engineering and craftsmanship!!. I'm rebuilding a vintage 1939 Delta Unisaw and I want a new fence, but can't justify the $500 - $600 Biesemeyer. Already have a Unifence and don't really care for it. Your fence looks like the perfect alternative. Do you have any plans or measurements you are willing to share? Once I'm done with the table saw restoration, a project like this would be icing on the cake!!

Thanks,

I hope you are very proud of yourself...that is absolutely bloody awesome.
    It's nice to be me.
    I'm the only one.

Well thanks everybody for the congratulations. All I did was search on this forum then I went to Carbactec took a few phones with my phone and sat done and worked it out. Its not difficult to make, you just need welder, angle grinder and a few taps. Oh yes and lots of gold paint to cover up the bad welds. I did draw some basic plans but I dont have them any more. If there are any specific questions feel free to ask.

Cheers Jerry

Sorry Dewy I missed your question. I bought the nylon bolts from Coventrys Fasteners and the magnifier comes from a book readerThat I bought off Ebay. It is a magnifer that is about 175mm long and say 20mm wide I just cut off what I needed. Have a look on ebay in none in aussie lots in the US and they are cheap.

Cheers Jerry

Nice job. I almost built a clone too, but ended up plonking down the cash for an Incra TS LS system. Still awaiting delivery, so wish me luck. The clincher for me was the labour saving, and the ability to go to a previous setting with 100% repeatability which results from their leadscrew lock system. (you can take a look at the intro video at www.incra.com to see how this works)

Two reasons for posting:

1. I figured i could fit a lever operated version of this lock system on a Biesemeyer type fence if I replaced the cam with a length of a halved threaded sleeve - mount the leadscrew on lugs at both ends of the guide rail. You can buy a stainless leadscrew and nuts with accurate pitching at reasonable money from an automation supplier.

2. UHMW is a very slippery and wear resistant plastic used a lot to provide slick sliding surfaces in automation. My plan was to use it to face the guides on my version of the fence. I bought self adhesive 1/8 in thick self adhesive strip from these guys which might appeal to some of you: http://www.cshyde.com/Tapes/Data/UHMWtapeinfo.htm It comes in thicknesses down to small parts of 1mm.

ian

Buzzard is offline Manufacturer of High Quality Splinters

Thanks! One of those magnifiers would be handy next time I need a leak!

Buzzard