Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

TS suggest you put a thread in the for sale section and also the metalwork section to sell of any unclaimed lengths.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by thumbsucker View Post
    Please confirm that I have recorded your order correctly.
    TS, mine looks good thanks.

I took Mats advice and posted a thread over in Metalworking and the Turners General Area, I am sure we can get some more people something they would love at a good price.

Funky all the 6 mm 260 Brass Alloy Sheet is gone. I cannot believe that you did not put you hand up earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbsucker View Post
    Funky all the 6 mm 260 Brass Alloy Sheet is gone. I cannot believe that you did not put you hand up earlier.
    Ah well, I needed to stop spending money anyway

count me in the prices are fair and I want a sidecast fishing reel in wood and brass so 12mm. x4 mm. x3600 would do just fine . pm me when and how you want the cash Im down the road at werribee and am often in Footisgray carn the cats and cheers for now WW.Wally

I called up George White today since I have not heard back from Lucky. Turns out Lucky is on holiday. So I spoke to Frank who confirmed stock levels and prices on the items we want.

I have attached a pdf listing everyones allocations and cost's. I have done in all in excel using the formulas and stuff, so I am pretty sure everything is right.

Postage will be extra, however it is near impossible to cost the postage for these items until we have them cut up.

I will PM payment details out today.

If everything goes to plan Kevjed and I will go to George White on Thursday morning and then head back to Kevjed's shop were we will cut the sheet up.

Cheers

Thumbsucker

Attachment 84255

Big Shed - pointed out that there was a large price difference between the price given for the 30 mm rod brass. Here is the reason why?

The original price I gave was if we bought a full 3600 mm length. It works out much cheaper. However not enough people ordered a full 3600 mm length.

The second price I gave you was higher because not enough people got enough 30 mm brass rod, so we had to buy less for more.

However looking now since a 1700 mm (which is the amount we have so far allocated) it will cost us almost $180, were a 3600 mm length will cost $230, I may just buy more brass then I need at this time and pass the savings on to you.

Let me have a look into it and I will see if I can manage it.

So if anyone else wants some 30 mm brass rod then we still lots left, to allocate.

Brendan1152, Dynoforce, and Pommyphil have sent me their post code and I have sent them their postage cost's.

If everyone else who needs postage, please check your PM inbox and send me your post code.

Bobl has picked up the last of the 30 mm rod so we can now get it at the cheaper rate.

I have sent post cost to Bobl, Ray153 and Ironwood, as I had their details on file.

I hope to have this wrapped up by next week, with everyone paid of and the brass in the post.

Mat is sending me two pre paid postage packs.

This only leaves RayG, Caliban and Thornburn who need to send me there post codes.

Then everyone should be taken care of.

Attachment 84339

This morning I caught up with Kevjed, to pickup and cut up the brass sheet. I ended up tacking photos as we went. We only picked up the brass sheet and the lever cap brass (101 x 19.5 mm). Next Thursday Kevin and I will get any outstanding brass and we will then want to post it out, so can everyone deposit their share asap.

I would extend my gratitude to Kevjed, for giving up his day and time, to do the cutting for us. Thank you

While I will let Kevjed get into the technical detail, the summation of todays experience is that the only way to quickly and accurately cut up a large sheet of brass is with a fine negative kerf blade on the table saw, it is surprisingly quick and more accurate then any of the other solutions we tried. The metal cutting bandsaw is way to slow and wildly prone to drift.

Here is the brass sheet at George White.

Attachment 84426

Here a close up (Shine)

Attachment 84427

Here George White is cutting the lever cap brass in half so we could fit it in the car.

Attachment 84429

Us getting ready to put the sheet in the car.

Attachment 84428

Kevjed and the brass in the shop

Attachment 84431

Again the brass sheet

Attachment 84430

To fit the sheet on to the table saw we had to cut it with a Jigsaw at the 1 meter mark

Attachment 84432

Here we are coming to the end of the cut (it took us almost an hour to cut just under a meter)

Attachment 84433

Here is Kevjed cutting up the brass on the table saw.

Attachment 84435

Another shoot of Kevjed and the table saw.

Attachment 84434

Here is some of the brass sheet cut into strip for everyone. Because we ended up using the table saw blade. Everyone strips will be about 1.5 mm under size. This is to account for the table saw kerf.

Attachment 84436

Here is why the bandsaw was useless it was near impossible to cut a strait line over any length. However since the drift is only on the edge, it should be easy to cut the shape of the plane side around it.

Attachment 84437

I am now exhausted and cannot wait to go to bed. Some peoples money has started to appear in the bank account. I will PM you to confirm that your money has arrived.

Funds from:

• BobL
    • BigShed
    • Ironwood
    • Dynoforce

I have sent postage cost to Caliban and RayG, I am still waiting for Thornburn to send me his address and post code so I can workout his postage.

Hi Folks,
    as TS said we had to break the sheet down with a jigsaw to start with. A real PITA. The small metal bandsaw just didn't cope at all.
    OK off to the table saw. It was a tipped blade to start with...OK so it had a hard life...it was due to be replaced any way. So what happens when your old tipped blade has a go at cutting 80 odd kgs of 6mm brass....
    It decides to spit its teeth dosen't it .....(yeh stop laughing...it wasn't funny at the time) so off to buy the Correct Blade for the job. (Don't you hate when you know that you should have the right tool for the job but know that you might be able to make do if you take it easy)
    Ok a few $$$ latter when have a 10" 3degree -ve rake thin kerf blade cutting away at the brass as if it were butter. Yay team....I didn't blow a couple of grand after all. Brass for all in the order......
    Still a bit more to go but we'll get that done in the next few days.
    All the best
    Kevin

TS

What was the final price of the 30mm brass rod?

Funds are coming in but I am having trouble matching who the money is coming from. Can you please make sure that you add some form of identification to your payment like your member name, when you transfer the funds.

I am trying to identify who deposited a Receipt 105450 on the 24 or the 25, if it is you please PM me the amount you deposited.

Mat and Ironwood PM's sent.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast