Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Eagle spreads his wings

Finished another job on the to-do list today, made an extension wing for the tablesaw. With wider panels they get a bit "tippy" as the rails are below the level of the table. I always intended to do this, just hadn't got around to it.

The other reason that I wanted the extension wing was to mount my Incra LS and use it as a tablesaw fence, I have a job coming up where I have to cut evenly spaced dadoes (hence the fathers' day present!) and I reckon the Incra will come in handy here.
    The Incra mounts to the extension wing using the same threaded inserts I used on the router table, using M6x25mm bolts.
    Still have to make a sacrificial fence for it, some of the 32mm laminated off-cuts from the extension wing will come in handy here.

Next job will be to complete the drawer cupboards underneath the extension wing.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

simple and effective obviosuly a well planned adaption requiring the FD gift

Looks good mate
    Have a good one
    Keith

Top Stuff. Happy Ripping!!

Another excellent addition to your shed, and beautifully made judging by the photo's

You need more dust on that floor though. My sheds were never that clean, but that tells much about my character according to SWMBO.

Cheers

Dave

Excellent
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Nice one Fred , but your shed is way to clean
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by djstimber View Post
    Nice one Fred , but your shed is way to clean
    People on the forum keep telling me my shed is way too clean, but before I started the latest "upgrade" program it was an absolute pigsty!

To get it re-organised the way I wanted it, I had to basically do a complete clean-out , no doubt it won't last.

Must say that so far the good old Shopvac has been working overime though, tend to give it the quick once over when I finish for the day.

It is also nice to come in the shed in the morning and not have to climb over things to get to the tablesaw or workbench.

At least I'm not the only one on the forum with a reasonably tidy shed

Thanks all for the nice comments on the latest mod to the tablesaw, used it today and so far it seems to be working OK.
    The extension wing is a real boon, makes it much easier to handle a panel wider than about 800-900mm.

your shed looks like my lounge room. Make a few cuts with the DC off, get some over spray over a few things, toss a few sticks of timber around in anger and leave a few empties lying around. That ought to do it.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Fred looks good....Almost starting to look like a Jet...although your hardwood? trims is nicer....

Another quality job Big Shed. Looks the bees knees alright.

Well done.

Cheers
    Pops

Looks like a shed I'd enjoy working in, nothing wrong with a clean well organised shop!
    Well done BSF!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry72 View Post
    Looks like a shed I'd enjoy working in, nothing wrong with a clean well organised shop!
    Well done BSF!
    Thanks Harry, that makes me feel better!
    Almost starting to feel guilty for having a clean and tidy shed (and it isn't that clean and tidy anyway)

Fred, you are now in danger of a code violation

5.13 Cleaning and maintenance.

5.13.1. The bench should never be cleaned but should always be covered with something: screws, offcuts, tools, gobs of paint, glue and such.

<O
    5.13.2. The floor shall never be swept. The 2ft (610 mm) thick mat of sawdust, offcuts nails and screws is to be regarded as character building and shall be cleaned off to a depth of 1ft (305.4 mm) only upon loss of child, wife or other venturesome personage who should know better than to venture into the shed.

<O
    Safety advice: This is a distinct and definite safety measure. With a thick layer of sawdust and shavings on the floor of the shed, a bloke will be relaxed about the occasional unavoidable mishap when he drops an expensive chisel or hand plane. On the other hand, lack of a thick carpet of sawdust and shavings will make a bloke nervous, thereby increasing the likely incidence of dropping expensive sharp tools and the subsequent potentially serious injury caused by the bloke’s inevitable reflexive attempt to cushion the plane or chisel’s fall with his semi-naked, thong-clad foot (see para 9 – Blokely Attire, sub para 9.3.4 Footwear).

and

5.6. Cobwebs. Cobwebs are considered an important accessory in any shed. Here’s why:<O></O>
    5.6.1. The presence (in abundance) of cobwebs shows the shed is healthy (supports life forms apart from bacteria, mould and termites).

5.6.2. If the cobwebs are clearly visible (heaps of airborne dust particles) then a bloke’s lungs are also collecting this muck and said bloke needs a dust collector. An alternative is to use handtools for the benefits of exercise, the quality of finished work and reduction in airborne dust.

5.6.3. Cobwebs signify the presence of spiders which help keep the blow-fly population down in summer.

5.7 Warning signs.

5.7.1 A useful addition to the shed’s door is a sign on the door that says "If you hear machinery running do NOT tap me on the shoulder". Any bloke who is tapped on the shoulder whilst operating noisy machinery shall be henceforth and in consequence, held immune from prosecution for any resultant act of reflex violence, no matter how hideously unspeakable the result.

5.7.2. A good alternative to the above sign is a polite request, for example
    5.7.2.1. KEEP OUT – This means you!, or<O></O>
    5.7.2.2. PRIVATE – Domain of the Bloke; or<O></O>
    5.7.2.3. BUGGER OFF!!

5.7.3. Note: recently a disturbing trend has been reported by blokes whose life partners have suggested that devices be installed in sheds that will allow said life partners to communicate by remote control with blokes who are rightfully engaged in blokely shed activities. Devices such as intercoms, warning lights and telephone extensions are to be discouraged. Such devices would allow intolerable interference with blokely activities and would lead to a breach in the status of a shed as the Domain of the Bloke (see para 3 – Definitions, sub-para 3.2 – Shed and para 4 – Purposes, sub-para 4.2 – The purpose of a shed).

Blokes whose life partners attempt such breaching activities are advised to suggest that, as a measure of economy of scale, two remote control devices are purchased at the same time with one to be installed in the kitchen to allow a bloke to summon his life partner when his beer needs to be replenished.
    5.8 Storage.

5.8.1. Old chlorine buckets shall be scattered around the place for off cuts and garbage. Each machine should have its own bin, handles are optional. Extra buckets shall be used for wood storage or makeshift shelving...

<O
    Junk. There is no such thing as junk. Throwing a broken Hills Hoist gearbox on the dump is not an option. It may one day be needed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
    Fred, you are now in danger of a code violation

5.13 Cleaning and maintenance.

5.13.1. The bench should never be cleaned but should always be covered with something: screws, offcuts, tools, gobs of paint, glue and such.
    Not guilty your honour, my bench is full of junk, in fact I've forgotten what colour it is!

<o></o>
    5.13.2. The floor shall never be swept. The 2ft (610 mm) thick mat of sawdust, offcuts nails and screws is to be regarded as character building and shall be cleaned off to a depth of 1ft (305.4 mm) only upon loss of child, wife or other venturesome personage who should know better than to venture into the shed.
    Not guilty your honour, I didn't sweep it, I used my Shopvac!

<o></o>

5.6. Cobwebs. Cobwebs are considered an important accessory in any shed. Here’s why:<o>></o>>
    5.6.1. The presence (in abundance) of cobwebs shows the shed is healthy (supports life forms apart from bacteria, mould and termites).

5.6.2. If the cobwebs are clearly visible (heaps of airborne dust particles) then a bloke’s lungs are also collecting this muck and said bloke needs a dust collector. An alternative is to use handtools for the benefits of exercise, the quality of finished work and reduction in airborne dust.

5.6.3. Cobwebs signify the presence of spiders which help keep the blow-fly population down in summer.

Not guilty your honour, I take pride in my spiderwebs! In fact I feed my spiders before I go in for lunch. You just can;t see them because my shed is 10ft high!

Note: recently a disturbing trend has been reported by blokes whose life partners have suggested that devices be installed in sheds that will allow said life partners to communicate by remote control with blokes who are rightfully engaged in blokely shed activities. Devices such as intercoms, warning lights and telephone extensions are to be discouraged. Such devices would allow intolerable interference with blokely activities and would lead to a breach in the status of a shed as the Domain of the Bloke (see para 3 – Definitions, sub-para 3.2 – Shed and para 4 – Purposes, sub-para 4.2 – The purpose of a shed).

Blokes whose life partners attempt such breaching activities are advised to suggest that, as a measure of economy of scale, two remote control devices are purchased at the same time with one to be installed in the kitchen to allow a bloke to summon his life partner when his beer needs to be replenished.

Sort of guilty your honour, I do have a telphone extension in the shed BUT it is only used to summon SWMBO to bring more liquid refreshments (I wish!)

I had 3 remote control devices, but they got broken. However another kind forumite has now made me 2 more, so I can use one in the shed and 1 in the kitchen! (Is that close enough?)

5.8 Storage.

5.8.1. Old chlorine buckets shall be scattered around the place for off cuts and garbage. Each machine should have its own bin, handles are optional. Extra buckets shall be used for wood storage or makeshift shelving...

<o></o>
    Not guilty your honour, that would be much too tidy and would be a code violation in its' own right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast