PDA

View Full Version : Blade height guage

8th December 2008, 02:55 PM
Some time ago a forumite gave a good thread on recalculating the Carba Tec height guage for a table saw blade as his needed to be recalculated.On inspection ,so does mine.Its about one mil out.I have been through the posts but dammed if I can find it.Perhaps someone knows of this post.Any information would be appreciated.Regards........AL

Sorry,found it.AL

malb
9th December 2008, 07:59 PM
I see that you found the article you were seeking. I reviewed the Carba tec height guage earlier this year. http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=74953

This included a complete stripdown and debur of the unit, reassembly, and recalibration. If the basic mechanics of your unit seem OK, and you just need to recalibrate it, release the two screws securing the brass appearance scales on the slider.Then with the base and slider probe sitting in the table top, adjust the position of the scale so that zero points on the upright and the scale coincide, then tighten the scale screws and recheck.

If you are unhappy with the way the unit slides etc, it would be worthwhile to dismantle the unit and dress the base and debur all contact points within the unit, adjust the slider screws for smooth but slopfree motion, then reassemble and calibrate the unit. That is all outlined in the review.

10th December 2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Malb.Will have a look over the weekend whilst its raining(i hope) Printed the details off so am hoping all goes well.The actual mechanics look good,if only the manufacturers coul get the other 1% right,Regards.........AL